Are you on the road a lot for business purposes, and always looking for the best hotels for all of your business trips? There are several things to consider before booking your next stay at a downtown Edmonton business hotel. You need to make sure that you’ll be staying at a hotel that has all of the amenities you need, that it is handy to every place you need to be at, and that it offers competitive rates. Today we are going to take a look at a few tips to help you choose the right corporate hotel for your next business trip.
- Check the Reviews – Before booking at any corporate hotel in downtown Edmonton, make sure that you take a look at the reviews. A great tool to use is Trip Advisor, which lets you filter reviews so you only see reviews from other business travelers. If they have complained about Internet connections, security, or other issues, move on to the next hotel and check out its reviews. You are sure to find one that has stellar reviews from many business travelers.
- All-In-One – When you are traveling on business, it is nice to have everything you need in one convenient location. Look for a business hotel that offers a restaurant, coffee shop, bar, meeting rooms, etc. Even though you are away, you still need exercise, so don’t forget to check to see if the downtown Edmonton hotels you are looking at have swimming pools and gym facilities, or access to other facilities nearby.
- Little Extras – Many business hotels will offer a lot of little extras to entice people to book their rooms. Everyone ends up forgetting to pack something that they need for their trip. It’s nice if the business hotel offers things like hair dryers and other grooming items. Some will also lend phone and laptop chargers, small kitchen items such as tea kettles or coffee makers, and other small items that will make being away from home a lot easier.
- Security – It is important that you are staying at a corporate hotel that is secure, where you and your belongings can be safe. Find out how secure the business hotel is, whether there are on-site security guards, and even if there are security guards in the parking lot. You should also ask about in-room safes, or if there is a safe in the office or at the front desk that you would be allowed to use.
- In-Room Amenities – Don’t forget to find about in-room amenities at the business hotel. For instance, if you are going to be there for an extended stay, you may want a room that has a kitchenette, or at least a small fridge and a microwave so you can prepare some of your own meals. Ask about free Wi-Fi, in-room telephone, and other amenities that you think you’ll need.
Whether your stay is going to be short or long, if you take some time and do the right research, you are sure to find a corporate hotel that will suit all of your needs, as well as your budget.
This post is in collaboration with Canterra Suites Hotel, a downtown Edmonton extended-stay hotel offering apartment like suites for family or business trips.